Friday 28 May 2010

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

After reading and thoroughly enjoying The Kite Runner, I was intrigued to see if this book could out do it. It did. What an amazing book. The complexity and depth put into the characters is fabulous and as I was reading I felt totally engrossed in the sights and smells and feelings i was reading about.


Following the trials and tribulations of two Afghan women, bonded under tragic circumstances, love and sisterhood shine through in a Male dominated world. Breath-takingly graphic at times the reader is forced to face the horrors that Afghanistan have had to endure, especially the women and children whose stories we hear so rarely.


With tragic twists and turns through out I found I couldn't put it down.


9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment