Thursday 8 July 2010

I Remember You by Harriet Evans

Main character Tessa Tennant has left the hectic life of London to return to her home town of Langford, home of her life-long best friend Adam and an abundance of other colourful characters. Langford is facing its own crisis, the must despised Leonora Mortmain is selling some of her land, the beloved Water Meadows, to build a new and huge shopping complex much to the villagers horror. In between all this fuss Tess travels on a teaching holiday with her adult class to Rome where she begins to uncover secrets about Leonora and also embarks on a holiday romance.

Back in Langford after an eventful trip Tessa questions not only those around her but her own decisions in coming back to Langford. Friendship, past mistakes and conservation all rolled into one rather boring book.

Not my favourite read. The characters from main to extras we not believable to me. If grown women in their 30's still call their male friends "Bruv" then I despair!

I bought this book because I liked the front cover....my mistake you know what they say.....




3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment