Tuesday 9 November 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Trilogy Book 1) by Stieg Larsson

Out of sheer curiosity of it's reputation I bought this book when I saw it on offer in a leading bookstore. I don't regret my purchase.


A crime fiction, yes many of us have read many of those, but never with such fascinating and colourful, encapsulation characters and a storyline to beat all others.


Mikael Blomkvist, a notorious journalist due to a recent conviction of libel, takes on the case of a wealthy businessman, Henrik Vagner. To all others Blomkvist is seen to be chronicling the rich and successful life Vagner has lead, but between only himself and Vagner he is delving into the disappearance of Vagners lost granddaughter. As Blomkvist begins his search for Harriet Vagner he realises that the suspects into the apparent murder could only have been close family or friends. As the investigation continues slowly help is sought from eccentric, reclusive Lisbeth Salander and from then on the story gains in pace, both of the story line and your heartbeat!


I had my theories as I was reading it but the climax of the book was brilliant if not terrifying!!


9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment